“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” Galations 6:9 (NKJV)
It’s one thing to have an idea, it’s another thing to make it happen. The move to Michigan has presented us with many challenges and as we look back, we know that without God’s peace and provision we would have given up. But God answered and provided in His ways (which were not always ours.) Things rarely went according to “our plans” and yet, here we are in Michigan! God sent many people to help and encourage us. It’s been hard leaving friends and family behind, but following God’s will and plan has been so worth it!
We no longer own a house in Iowa! Our favorite quote from the Iowa City home inspection was, “This is an above average, quality built house for its age.” Our house was on the market 7 days and we accepted a solid offer. Praise the Lord!
We are slowly settling into our Michigan home. Our biggest prayer request was finding a solid church to call home. What made it difficult is that there are many solid churches to choose from. As we visited churches, talked as a family, and prayed for direction, the decision became clear to us. Baptist Bible Church in Sparta, MI is the church God led us to.
We have started our homeschool year. There is a homeschool fine arts program that allowed our kids to get involved in band and choir even though the school year had already started. Nathanael is learning to play the trombone using the same instrument his uncle and mom played.
All six of us have already served in the home office since the move. We are thankful for those opportunities, and look forward to many more. We have started to call churches and God is giving us opportunities to present His ministry this next year. Please continue to pray for us as we call churches and schedule meetings.
Fulfilling the great commission together,
Brian, Brenda, Amanda, Luke, Nathanael, and Rebekah
- God provided funding for a laptop and autoCAD through two amazing Vacation Bible Schools this summer!
- The Iowa house is sold!
- We found a home church in Michigan!
- We are getting settled and have found a music program for the kids!
- Travel safety on the many trips with trailers to Michigan!
- New individual supporter!
- All of you, for being an important part of our ministry!
Pray with us
- Safety as we travel back to Iowa to celebrate Christmas with family.
- Deputation meetings in 2019.
- Brian as he starts working in the home office learning autoCAD and some of the groundwork of building churches.
- Our family as we continue to adjust to our new life in Michigan.
- Opportunities to share the gospel with our new neighbors.
- Dec. 28 – Jan. 6 – traveling to Iowa for Christmases with family.
What was the hardest part of the move to Michigan?
- Amanda (14) “Leaving all of my friends and not seeing them all the time.”
- Luke (13) “Everything.”
- Nathanael (10) “Going away from friends.”
- Rebekah (8) “Everything and I really wanted to find something and I didn’t find it.”