“Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’” Luke 15:8-9 (NKJV)
Just after Nathanael was born, almost 9 years ago, Brenda misplaced her wedding ring at her aunt’s house. Everyone searched and searched but the ring was lost. Brenda was sure she had set it down inside and held on to hope that it would be found someday. This April we received a text from Brenda’s cousin with a picture of the wedding ring, asking if it was ours. Praise the Lord! The lost has been found! Brenda’s aunt was outside when she saw something shiny in the cattle lot. She thought it was probably a pop tab, but it was the wrong color so she looked closer and realized it was a wedding ring. There has been much rejoicing and Brenda has told the story over and over to friends and family who have shared in her amazement and joy. It was a good reminder of how much more the angels in Heaven rejoice when a lost sinner repents.
Our family built cars for the Grand Prix at our local church in Iowa City. Brenda, all four kids, and our neighbor Preston each built a car. Brian helped them and some other families as well. All four cars in the grand champion race were faster than Luke’s grand champion car last year! Amanda’s flag car was the fastest. Also this month, Amanda earned a superior (I) rating for her piano performance at the IA Talents for Christ competition in the Jr. High division. Both Amanda and Luke participated in honor bands, and all four kids took part in their spring piano recital with several other students.
We continue to be amazed at how God is growing each of our children as they grow and exercise the use of their talents! April is the month of the Iowa Association of Regular Baptist Churches Annual Conference in Ankeny. It was the first me our whole family has been able to attend. We enjoyed fellowshipping with other pastors and their families from across the state. We also revisited a church this month. Nathanael celebrated his ninth birthday with chocolate cupcakes and a chocolate cake from Costco. He likes chocolate!
Fulfilling the great commission together,
Brian, Brenda, Amanda, Luke, Nathanael and Rebekah
- Our dryer is fixed!
- Brenda’s wedding ring was found!
- God’s work in our kid’s lives!
- Our fall schedule is filling up!
- Pray with us
- Pray for the volunteers that come and help at the build site.
- We are now CBM missionary builders because God introduced us to CBM when we brought a youth group to volunteer for a week.
- Safe travel to the build site in West Virginia.
- Contacting Pastors and scheduling meetings for 2017/2018.
- Berean Independent Baptist Church in Fort Ashby, WV
- The drywall is up and taped in the education wing. The HVAC system is installed. They enjoyed working with a youth group that helped for a week. Brick work will be starting soon.
- What was your favorite part of making a car?
- Amanda (13) “Probably picking the design.”
- Luke (12) “I don’t have a favorite part.”
- Nathanael (9) “Probably painting it.”
- Rebekah (7) “Hmm. I would almost say the painting.”
- May 22-26 – Work at Build Site – Ft. Ashby, WV
- June 14 – VBS at True Bible Baptist Church – Des Moines, IA
- June 12-17 – Jr. Boys Camp at Iowa Regular Baptist Camp – Ventura, IA
- Raised: 39.8%
- Needed: 60.2%
- Prayerfully consider supporting us with $5 a month or more.