1 Corinthians 3:11 (NKJV) “For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
In April we started the building addition for Baptist Bible Church in Sparta Michigan. As we labored on the foundation, it was very easy to meditate on verses like this. The building we are building will be supported by the foundation that was precisely designed and engineered to support the building. Our faith is based on the foundation that Jesus Christ laid. Everything we do as believers is built on that perfectly designed and engineered foundation. God’s plan is the best plan!
Praise the Lord! God is providing for our needs. In our last newsletter we shared that God called one of our greatest encouragers home. We are excited to announce that we have another supporting church and 4 churches have increased their support! We are thankful that our support percentage continues to increase as we actively serve on the field.
Another need God provided for was braces for Rebekah. The older three kids had braces when Brian was still working full time. The $4,600 price tag was an obstacle, but as parents we just prayed for this obstacle ourselves. Two weeks before we needed to make the decision, $3,300 of unplanned gifts came in! God has been good to us and I hope you can say the same thing!
We have started a YouTube channel. We are sharing videos of our family as well as video updates on the current project. It would be an encouragement to us if you would watch our short videos and subscribe to our channel. . Please let us know if there is a video you would like us to create.
Fulfilling the great commission together,
Brian, Brenda, Amanda, Luke, Nathanael and Rebekah
- We have had a lot of volunteer help on the build site!
- An increase in our support!
- Our school year is finished!
- The concrete slab is finished and looks great!
Pray with us
- Amanda’s financial aid and scholarships would come together for nursing school this fall.
- Amanda, Luke, and Nathanael have started working at Lincoln Lake Baptist Youth Camp for the summer.
- We will be traveling to Iowa and attending the CBM Family Conference in July.
Baptist Bible Church – Sparta, MI
- The concrete slab is done!
What is your favorite memory from school this year?
- Amanda (18) “I really enjoyed my Intro to Psychology and Counseling class. It was really cool to see how secular psychology compares with the Bible.”
- Luke (17) “The placebo effect.”
- Nathanael (15) “Writing the poem, “George the Fish” with Luke.”
- Rebekah (12) “Dissecting the fetal pig!”
George the Fish – An Elegy
By Luke & Nathanael
Oh No! my George is dead.
I found him upside down,
Belly up, face down, overfed.
All I could do was frown.
I waved goodbye, with one last sigh.
I just have one last wish.
I sat there in silence with a tear in my eye.
Rest in peace, George the fish.
- Raised: 77.5%