“I am not worthy or the least of all the mercies and of all the truth which You have shown Your servant; for I crossed over this Jordan with my staff, and now I have become two companies.” Genesis 32:10 (NKJV)
As a mission’s agency, Continental Baptist Missions celebrated its 75th anniversary this year. CBM started as Hiawatha Land Independent Baptist Missions in May of 1942 with six missionary families. These missionaries had a burden to bring the gospel to the remote logging and mining camps in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. CBM now has missionaries serving across the continental United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. In Genesis, Jacob crossed the Jordan the first me with only his staff. When he crossed again, he did so with two companies of family, servants, and animals. Just as God was faithful to Jacob, God has been faithful to CBM and its desires to provide support services for planning, revitalizing and building biblically sound and spiritually healthy Baptist churches in North America. On the top-left is one of the earlier pictures of the CBM mission’s family. On the bottom is a recent picture of the CBM mission’s family. We are excited to be in this picture!
Some steps of faith are much harder than others. Brenda’s mom, who lived just a few blocks from our home, packed (with Brenda’s help) and moved closer to one of Brenda’s brothers because of our upcoming move to Michigan. We were blessed to have her so close for so long. This is just one of many hard steps as we prepare for this transition next summer. This is just one of many hard steps to take as we prepare for this transition next summer.
We have many praises! We are thankful that Brian’s dad’s back surgery went well! He is currently recovering at home. We have traveled many, many miles safely in the last couple of months! We have a new supporting church and an individual increased their support!
Fulfilling the great commission together,
Brian, Brenda, Amanda, Luke, Nathanael, and Rebekah
- New supporters!
- Several containers of clothes that have been organized and donated!
- Safety as we traveled many miles this fall for deputation!
- Brian’s dad’s recovery from back surgery!
- The time-lapse video for West Virginia is done!
- Updated prayer cards!
Pray with us
- Scheduling meetings for 2018.
- Downsizing and packing for the move to Michigan in 2018.
- Wisdom as we work on updating our website.
- Perseverance and wisdom in homeschooling.
Berean Independent Baptist Church in Fort Ashby, WV
- The dedication service was on October 29th. We praise God that a good group of people came to the service. Brian is especially pleased with the results of the time-lapse video!
What are some things you are thankful for?
- Amanda (13) “A warm house and fuzzy blankets.”
- Luke (12) “The Bible, family and friends and a church to go to.”
- Nathanael (9) “Jesus dying on the cross, um… food, clothing, shelter, a world and everything in it.”
- Rebekah (7) “Um… My mom my dad, my sisters, my brothers, my brother, my brother, food and my church… (and a lot of other things.)
- December is full of various Christmas programs, recitals, and celebrations with family.