“And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21 (NKJV)
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
It is exciting to reflect on the past year. This year has been an adventure and here are some of the highlights:
– We attended the dedication service at Bethel Baptist Church in Camp Douglas, WI.
– We started our second build site at Chardon Baptist Church in Chardon Ohio. We had our fifth wheel parked in a trailer park about 10 minutes from the church. While we were there, we got to know our neighbors Michael, Carly and her daughter Emily. We had a water heater issue and Michael helped Brian troubleshoot it. Rebekah was burdened for Emily and gave her a Bible and Emily started to attend the Good News Club at her school led by a family in the church. There were tears when we had to say goodbye. Sadly, Michael is no longer with us, he passed away from Covid complications. Pray that God comforts and draws Carly and Emily to Himself.
Our Iowa City neighbor, Preston, joined us for a couple of days working at the church in Chardon. It was a blessing to be able to spend time with him and have him help with the ministry. It’s really hard to leave a church after investing time and abilities and making new friends. We are thankful for the good memories.
– As our fifth wheel trailer was being pulled back to Michigan, we blew a tire about 70 miles from our house. The trailer was damaged, but we were able to change the tire and get back on the road.
– Brian is now working on the drawings and helping create the budget for Baptist Bible Church in Sparta Michigan. He and other builders helped them submit the required documentation for the phase two Lasko Foundation grant. When they finished, it was a 102 page document.
– Our support continues to increase. We are now at 77%. We are truly blessed! Thank you for all of the Christmas cards and gifts. We are encouraged by each one!
Fulfilling the great commission together,
Brian, Brenda, Amanda, Luke, Nathanael and Rebekah
- Brian and Luke both harvested a deer from our property!
- Amanda has decided where she wants to go to college!
- We had a great Christmas vacation visiting family and friends!
Pray with us
- Wisdom as we look into purchasing a truck.
- Wisdom as we seek financial aid and scholarships for Amanda.
- Lasko Foundation would approve the grant for Baptist Bible Church.
Chardon Baptist Church Chardon, OH
- Picture of the auditorium.
What was your favorite part of the Chardon build site?
- Amanda (17) “I had a fun time helping build and seeing the progress that was made every week.”
- Luke (16) “Using an air powered chisel to clean bricks.”
- Nathanael (13) “Working on the build site with Preston.”
- Rebekah (11) “I made a new, good friend with our neighbor Emily.”